Skip to main content

Eggs Benedict

I have made this dish a total of two times in my whole 23 years of life and both times it was just heavenly. I'm going to provide for you the recipe and instructions on how to make this dish how I made it. Feel free to embellish and... debellish(?) however you want.


Eggs Benedict



Ingredients:
  • 1 English Muffin (whichever brand you prefer. I personally use "Thomas")
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 Canadian Bacon slices
  • 1/4 Avocado (That's right! Just trust me)
  • 1/2 Cheese Slice (If you want. I used White American)
  • Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
  • Red Pepper Flakes (To Taste)
Hollandaise Sauce: 
(You're more than welcome to use the store bought kind if you'd like)
  • 3 Egg Yolks
  • 1 TBSP lemon juice (I used the kind in a squeeze bottle)
  • 1 dash Cayenne Pepper
  • 1/4 tsp Dijon Mustard
  • 1/2 C butter

Directions:

  1. Poaching eggs is almost an art form and I've been tracing the lines for years. Technically, you have to start a pot of boiling (but not too boiling) water and start a whirlpool in the center and then drop your egg into the whirlpool. I have an Egg Poaching Pan which you put over a pot of water and cover with a lid and it really just steams the eggs. However, if you'd like to ACTUALLY poach an egg I have provided a "How To..." video from Food Networks YouTube channel.  
  2. Once your eggs are going I recommend starting your hollendaise. In your blender combine egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, and cayenne. Cover and blend for about 5 seconds. 
  3. Put your butter in a saucepan (or in a glass measuring cup in the microwave for like 1 minute or until completely melted). If you're using a saucepan, medium heat, stirring to keep from burning, until completely melted. Put blender on HIGH and pour the butter in with the egg mixture. (It should almost instantly thicken). Keep it warm until serving by placing the blender in a pan of hot water.
  4. Once your sauce is done, start toasting your muffin and check your egg. (Cook your egg to your preference. I like mine just barely jellied). Warm your Canadian bacon and prep your avocado how you want ( if you want it).
  5. When your muffin is done, make like the Avengers and ASSEMBLE! Start with your muffin, place your cheese, Canadian bacon, avocado, egg, and then spoon your hollendaise over the top. I "garnished" mine with Red Pepper Flakes.


That's it guys!! Pretty simple and CRAZY good! Don't get me wrong, it IS rather rich and if you'd like to replace the avocado with something that has less fat I would recommend asparagus. It's just as great, I promise! 

Until next time,
     -S


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Pancakes

This is the most basic and simple pancake recipe and the pancakes come out so thick and fluffy it's ridiculous. Once I started making pancakes from scratch I never got them from a box or a Bisquick Shake & Make. No offense but honestly...where's the comparison here? I don't have an actual picture of the pancakes because I haven't made any here lately but as soon as I make some I will take a picture and delete this whole last sentence!  Basic Pancakes Ingredients: 1 Egg 1 1/2 C flour 3 1/2 tsp baking powder (and make sure its a TEASPOON and not a TABLESPOON. I confused the two once and ended up having to make sooo many pancakes because you can't really take it out once its in there so I just added more flour and everything else. What's a girl to do?) 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 C sugar 1 1/4 C milk Directions: Combine wet ingredients Combine dry ingredients Mix together Heat pan to medium heat (either a greased pan or a nonstick if you f

Stuffed Mushrooms

I was never a huge mushroom fan until I was tricked into eating them by the older sister of a friend. Needless to say I don't quite trust her when it comes to food anymore. Regardless, I made these sometime last year and shared them with my neighbor because she's the only person near me that eats mushrooms and she enjoyed them WAY more than I did, although I did think they were pretty damn good. So here we go... Stuffed Mushrooms Ingredients: 4 portobello mushrooms, or 12 large white mushrooms 1 small red bell pepper 1/4 medium onion, minced (not 1/4 C but 1/4 of the whole onion) 2 green onions, minced 1 garlic clove, minced 2 bacon strips, diced 1 oz cream cheese 2 TBSP bread crumbs 2 TBSP shredded mozzarella garlic and onion powder, to taste salt and pepper to taste Directions: Preheat oven to 400 F Clean mushrooms and separate caps from stems. Place mushrooms caps on baking sheet, stem side down. Brush with oil and season with salt and pep

Banana Pudding

Just so you're aware before you get into this and then you're like "Wait...whaaaa-?" This is NOT  your momma's banana pudding recipe. Unless it is. All I know for sure about momma's and banana pudding is that this ISN'T my momma's recipe but she DOES love it.  Banana Pudding Ingredients: milk (good ol' certified cow calcium) (1) 3.4 oz box Banana Pudding mix (Instant or heat and serve. I used heat and serve without reading the box and needless to say it took me two tries to get it right. I also grabbed Banana CREAM pudding instead of regular banana... I don't pay a lot of attention to things. Anyways, all are great options. You can even make your own pudding if you'd care to.) Nilla Wafers (please please please please grab the Name Brand Nilla wafers and not the Walmart Great Value brand. Nothing against Great Value or any off brand labels but NIlla Wafers are not the same as "Vanilla Flavored Wafer Cookies")