Skip to main content

Basic Pancakes

This is the most basic and simple pancake recipe and the pancakes come out so thick and fluffy it's ridiculous. Once I started making pancakes from scratch I never got them from a box or a Bisquick Shake & Make. No offense but honestly...where's the comparison here? I don't have an actual picture of the pancakes because I haven't made any here lately but as soon as I make some I will take a picture and delete this whole last sentence! 


Basic Pancakes


Ingredients:
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 1/2 C flour
  • 3 1/2 tsp baking powder (and make sure its a TEASPOON and not a TABLESPOON. I confused the two once and ended up having to make sooo many pancakes because you can't really take it out once its in there so I just added more flour and everything else. What's a girl to do?)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 C sugar
  • 1 1/4 C milk
Directions:
  1. Combine wet ingredients
  2. Combine dry ingredients
  3. Mix together
  4. Heat pan to medium heat (either a greased pan or a nonstick if you fancy)
  5. Pour desired amount into aforementioned pan
  6. LET IT SIT! Don't start messing with it. It will let you know when it's ready to flip. Typically it would be ready once the top side is bubbled up. 
  7. Flip (if you want to try and flip it with just a flick of your wrist and the pan, please ensure your pans handle is firmly attached and that you're fully confident. Confidence is KEY! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!
  8. Cook second side until golden.
  9. Serve with butter and syrup...or peanut butter, or fresh fruit, or Nutella!

There we have it folks! And as y'all know this is a BASIC pancake recipe so you can add chocolate chips, blueberries or, my personal favorite, raspberries and white chocolate. Thanks for sticking around this long. 

Until next time,
      -S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Chipotle Salmon

This is a dish I made for a contest my school was holding. We had to use a Raspberry Chipotle sauce from Fischer and Weiser. I made Top 10 finalists with this dish! I served it with asparagus and mashed potatoes and I'll give the recipe/ingredients for that too. Raspberry Chipotle Glazed Grilled Salmon Ingredients: Salmon filets (however many you require) a bundle of asparagus (or two) potatoes (for mashing) Fischer and Weiser Raspberry Chipotle sauce 3 cloves garlic-chopped or g lemon-zested and juiced 1 C any kind of fruity wine (I used Arbor Mist Mango and Strawberry) 3 TBSP butter (plus more for your potatoes) green onions or chives cream or milk  2 TBSP vegetable oil salt and pepper to taste Directions:   (These steps aren't necessarily in order. You'll want to reorder them because you don't want one side being colder than the rest. Time management and all.) Starting with the potatoes you're going to want to peel them and wash t...

Stuffed Mushrooms

I was never a huge mushroom fan until I was tricked into eating them by the older sister of a friend. Needless to say I don't quite trust her when it comes to food anymore. Regardless, I made these sometime last year and shared them with my neighbor because she's the only person near me that eats mushrooms and she enjoyed them WAY more than I did, although I did think they were pretty damn good. So here we go... Stuffed Mushrooms Ingredients: 4 portobello mushrooms, or 12 large white mushrooms 1 small red bell pepper 1/4 medium onion, minced (not 1/4 C but 1/4 of the whole onion) 2 green onions, minced 1 garlic clove, minced 2 bacon strips, diced 1 oz cream cheese 2 TBSP bread crumbs 2 TBSP shredded mozzarella garlic and onion powder, to taste salt and pepper to taste Directions: Preheat oven to 400 F Clean mushrooms and separate caps from stems. Place mushrooms caps on baking sheet, stem side down. Brush with oil and season with salt and pep...

Garlic Knots

I LOVE making bread. Any and all kinds of breads. I started making breads the artisan way before using a stand mixer because A: I didn't have stand mixer and 2: I just wanted to be able to say that I can make bread from scratch by hand. So without further adieu... Garlic Knots Ingredients: garlic- about like maybe 3 cloves...? (vampire repellent) parsley (amateur chefs go to garnish) 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt (or just garlic powder and salt) 1 1/2 tsp sugar 1 stick of butter 1 1/2 C water (warm or hot. As long as it's not cold. The heat helps the yeast to activate) 1 pkg yeast  3 3/4 C bread flour 2 tsp salt 2 2/3 tbsp Olive Oil 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese Directions: Add flour, sugar, yeast, and salt. Mix. Add warm water and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Beat until dough forms ball. Kneed. Grease a large bowl with remaining olive oil. Place dough in bowl and cover. Let rise for 90 min or until doubled. (Or however long. Technically it...