Skip to main content

Chimichurri Marinated Ribeye

Greetings and salutations. This time we're going to make steak with a chimichurri sauce! I made the chimichurri two ways. The first way I blended it and used it as a marinade for my steaks and the second I just chopped everything up super fine and used it as a garnish/sauce for the finished steak. So without further ado...


Chimichurri Marinated Ribeye


Ingredients: (Ingredients have been doubled for both a marinade and a garnish)
  • 8 oz flat leaf parsley
  • 2 oz garlic
  • 12 oz oil
  • 4 oz red wine vinegar
  • 1 oz lemon juice
  • 1 oz red onion
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • 2 tbsp black
  • 2 tbsp salt 
Directions:
  1. Combine half of the ingredients excluding the oil to a blender or food processor. (I used a blender (actually a Nutribullet) and it came out so smooth). Blend or process until combined. 
  2. Slowly add half of the oil until it's smooth or at your desired consistency.
  3. For the garnish half of the chimichurri chop all ingredients up very fine and toss everything. EVERYTHING! Into a mason jar (or a mixing bowl) and shake the devil out of it until the oil begins to emulsify. (Or whisk it if you're using a mixing bowl). Once that's done you're done. Just set it aside and wait for your steaks to be done. Speaking of...
  4. Place steaks in a large Ziplock bag or a Pyrex to be covered with saran wrap. Cover with prepared chimichurri and refrigerate 4-6 hours. (Or overnight. Doesn't matter. Just let those babies sit and get merry...nated...marinated... Ahem. Moving on.)
  5. Heat a cast iron skillet (or any other skillet that allows you to get a good crust one something) to med-high heat. Add 4 tablespoons of butter and let it melt. Remove steaks and wipe excess marinade off. (It will burn once it's in the skillet if you leave it on) 
  6. Allow your steaks to get a nice brown crust on either side (about 2 minutes per side) and then move your steaks to the oven to continue cooking to desired doneness. (Minimum internal temperature should be 145 degrees Fahrenheit and that's also your "medium" temperature. Medium rare (which is my personal favorite and the favorite of many steak lovers) is 130-135 degrees.)
  7. When your steaks are done allow to rest on a cutting board for five minutes for every inch of thickness. (Steak 1 inch thicc? Rest 5 minutes. Steak 5 inch thicc? DAMN SHE THICC! And also rest 25 minutes)
  8. After your steak has rested, slice into it ACROSS the grain. Plate with your desired sides (I had garlic mashed potates and fresh green beans with onion and bacon). And garnish with your chimichurri.
Now I feel obligated to let y'all know, I'm not exactly a huge fan of the chimichurri garnish. I don't like parsley. I think it actually taste like actual grass. But if you DID enjoy it feel free to let me know!! 

Until next time
-S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Pancakes

This is the most basic and simple pancake recipe and the pancakes come out so thick and fluffy it's ridiculous. Once I started making pancakes from scratch I never got them from a box or a Bisquick Shake & Make. No offense but honestly...where's the comparison here? I don't have an actual picture of the pancakes because I haven't made any here lately but as soon as I make some I will take a picture and delete this whole last sentence!  Basic Pancakes Ingredients: 1 Egg 1 1/2 C flour 3 1/2 tsp baking powder (and make sure its a TEASPOON and not a TABLESPOON. I confused the two once and ended up having to make sooo many pancakes because you can't really take it out once its in there so I just added more flour and everything else. What's a girl to do?) 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 C sugar 1 1/4 C milk Directions: Combine wet ingredients Combine dry ingredients Mix together Heat pan to medium heat (either a greased pan or a nonstick if you f

Stuffed Mushrooms

I was never a huge mushroom fan until I was tricked into eating them by the older sister of a friend. Needless to say I don't quite trust her when it comes to food anymore. Regardless, I made these sometime last year and shared them with my neighbor because she's the only person near me that eats mushrooms and she enjoyed them WAY more than I did, although I did think they were pretty damn good. So here we go... Stuffed Mushrooms Ingredients: 4 portobello mushrooms, or 12 large white mushrooms 1 small red bell pepper 1/4 medium onion, minced (not 1/4 C but 1/4 of the whole onion) 2 green onions, minced 1 garlic clove, minced 2 bacon strips, diced 1 oz cream cheese 2 TBSP bread crumbs 2 TBSP shredded mozzarella garlic and onion powder, to taste salt and pepper to taste Directions: Preheat oven to 400 F Clean mushrooms and separate caps from stems. Place mushrooms caps on baking sheet, stem side down. Brush with oil and season with salt and pep

Banana Pudding

Just so you're aware before you get into this and then you're like "Wait...whaaaa-?" This is NOT  your momma's banana pudding recipe. Unless it is. All I know for sure about momma's and banana pudding is that this ISN'T my momma's recipe but she DOES love it.  Banana Pudding Ingredients: milk (good ol' certified cow calcium) (1) 3.4 oz box Banana Pudding mix (Instant or heat and serve. I used heat and serve without reading the box and needless to say it took me two tries to get it right. I also grabbed Banana CREAM pudding instead of regular banana... I don't pay a lot of attention to things. Anyways, all are great options. You can even make your own pudding if you'd care to.) Nilla Wafers (please please please please grab the Name Brand Nilla wafers and not the Walmart Great Value brand. Nothing against Great Value or any off brand labels but NIlla Wafers are not the same as "Vanilla Flavored Wafer Cookies")