Skip to main content

Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp

Yoooo! So, this is one of THE most amazing dishes I have ever made. I LOVE Italian food and I made this with my garlic knot recipe which you can find located somewhere among my blog. This was also the first time I cooked with wine and yeah...I ended up just drinking the rest of the bottle. It was dry and terrible but it has alcohol so who cares. Anyways...


Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp Pasta


Ingredients:
  • 2 TBSP unsalted butter
  • 6 cloves garlic, finely diced (or grated... grated is quicker and less sticky. Anyone else uncomfortable with how sticky garlic is? No.. Just me? That's cool...Whatever)
  • 1 LB shrimp (or prawns if you're into that sort of thing) tails on or off 
  • 1 small yellow onion, diced 
  • 1/2 C white wine, optional (cooking wines are salty as all get out so I recommend just a white Pinot or something along the lines)
  • 5 oz jarred sun dried tomatoes in strips in oil, drained. Reserve 1 tsp of oil. (these are also hell salty so yeah... maybe don't add extra salt to anything until it's all cooked in)
  • 1 3/4 C half and half
  • salt and pepper to taste (again... hold off on this)
  • 3 C baby spinach leaves, washed
  • 2/3 C fresh grated Parmesan (or buy the cheap stuff...or cheap-ish...it's like $6 for fake cheese but you know...)
  • 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tsp of water-optional (it just helps to thicken it up a bit is all)
  • 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
  • 1 TBSP parsley-chopped (dried or fresh it doesn't maaatter)
Directions:
  1. Heat a large skillet (trust me...you're going to want a pretty good sized skillet for this) over medium-high heat. Melt butter and then add garlic and fry until fragrant. (Should only take about a minute. Don't burn your garlic! It has the WORST kind of biter taste. Right up there with burnt onions) Add shrimp and fry two minutes on each side until just cooked and pink. Put in a bowl. (We'll come back to it later)
  2. Fry the onion in the remaining butter. (If you feel you need to add more butter go ahead.) If you're using wine this is where you'd add it and let it reduce by half. (Which basically means- you're using half a cup reduce it until you've got a quarter of a cup. You're just cooking all the alcohol out. Sorry... I know that sucks but APPARENTLY an alcohol taste isn't something people want in food.) While you're reducing your wine scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the fun garlicky and shrimpy bits. Add in your sun dried tomatoes and fry for two minutes to reduce their flavors.
  3. Reduce heat to medium-low heat, add the half and half, and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste but REMEMBER EVERYTHING IS SALTY. (But again... it's to your taste so you do you)
  4.  Add in your spinach leaves and let wilt in the sauce. (3 C of spinach becomes like 1 cup once its cooked. #FoodScience) Add Parmesan cheese and let simmer until cheese melts through the sauce. (This is where you'd add the cornstarch and water mixture to thicken it if you want. Remember EVERYTHING IS OPTIONAL! The recipe is basically just an example sheet.)
  5. Add shrimp back into the pan, sprinkle with herbs and parsley and stir through.
  6. Serve over pasta, rice, or steamed vegetables.

This one was a lot more than the ones I've posted in the past but it's WORTH IT. That's a Fat Girl's promise. We made ours with Penne pasta and garlic knots. Would also be great alongside a salad. DO IT UP! This is definitely a "everyone is home on the weekends and we're having a damn good family dinner" kind of dish.

Until next time
-S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Pancakes

This is the most basic and simple pancake recipe and the pancakes come out so thick and fluffy it's ridiculous. Once I started making pancakes from scratch I never got them from a box or a Bisquick Shake & Make. No offense but honestly...where's the comparison here? I don't have an actual picture of the pancakes because I haven't made any here lately but as soon as I make some I will take a picture and delete this whole last sentence!  Basic Pancakes Ingredients: 1 Egg 1 1/2 C flour 3 1/2 tsp baking powder (and make sure its a TEASPOON and not a TABLESPOON. I confused the two once and ended up having to make sooo many pancakes because you can't really take it out once its in there so I just added more flour and everything else. What's a girl to do?) 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 C sugar 1 1/4 C milk Directions: Combine wet ingredients Combine dry ingredients Mix together Heat pan to medium heat (either a greased pan or a nonstick if you f

Stuffed Mushrooms

I was never a huge mushroom fan until I was tricked into eating them by the older sister of a friend. Needless to say I don't quite trust her when it comes to food anymore. Regardless, I made these sometime last year and shared them with my neighbor because she's the only person near me that eats mushrooms and she enjoyed them WAY more than I did, although I did think they were pretty damn good. So here we go... Stuffed Mushrooms Ingredients: 4 portobello mushrooms, or 12 large white mushrooms 1 small red bell pepper 1/4 medium onion, minced (not 1/4 C but 1/4 of the whole onion) 2 green onions, minced 1 garlic clove, minced 2 bacon strips, diced 1 oz cream cheese 2 TBSP bread crumbs 2 TBSP shredded mozzarella garlic and onion powder, to taste salt and pepper to taste Directions: Preheat oven to 400 F Clean mushrooms and separate caps from stems. Place mushrooms caps on baking sheet, stem side down. Brush with oil and season with salt and pep

Banana Pudding

Just so you're aware before you get into this and then you're like "Wait...whaaaa-?" This is NOT  your momma's banana pudding recipe. Unless it is. All I know for sure about momma's and banana pudding is that this ISN'T my momma's recipe but she DOES love it.  Banana Pudding Ingredients: milk (good ol' certified cow calcium) (1) 3.4 oz box Banana Pudding mix (Instant or heat and serve. I used heat and serve without reading the box and needless to say it took me two tries to get it right. I also grabbed Banana CREAM pudding instead of regular banana... I don't pay a lot of attention to things. Anyways, all are great options. You can even make your own pudding if you'd care to.) Nilla Wafers (please please please please grab the Name Brand Nilla wafers and not the Walmart Great Value brand. Nothing against Great Value or any off brand labels but NIlla Wafers are not the same as "Vanilla Flavored Wafer Cookies")