Skip to main content

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

(FIRST! Notice the change in font color! 'Tis the season! I'm feeling F E S T I V E!!) I first made these cookies sometime over the summer and my mom loved them. She passed them out around to the neighbors and shared them with everyone. When my brother came home from basic training I made one for him as a cookie cake and he has been begging for more ever since. Now I know when I make them I have to double the recipe. But here's the ingredients for a single batch. Don't ask me how many it makes because I don't know but I'll wager to say anywhere from 1-100...size depending. 


Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients:
  • 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
  • 3/4 C butter (softened) (real butter or margarine. It really doesn't matter. I prefer margarine because it makes for a softer cookie once it's cooled to room temp.)
  • 1 tsp Espresso Powder (I've used espresso powder, instant coffee, and coffee concentrate. They all work the same.)
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla
  • 2 C All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 2 tsp Cornstarch (Oh Hey! Now THAT'S DIFFERENT!)
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/2 C White Sugar
  • 1 C Brown Sugar 
  • 1/2 C Dark Chocolate Chips (don't be afraid to get the good stuff! Ghirardelli or Hershey's. Even Tollhouse! All great!)
  • 1/2 C Milk Chocolate Chips (Or Semi-Sweet...but also still the good stuff. I use Hershey's)
  • 1/4-1/2 C Chopped Walnuts (or pecans...or no nut at all. Maybe it's No Nut November and you're fasting. Not my business. You do you.)
Directions:
  1. In the bowl of your stand mixer (or your regular bowl with your regular mixer...or your regular bowl with your spoon that you're using as a mixer...doesn't matter. We're all inclusive) cream together your butter/margarine with both sugars. Slowly add your egg and egg yolk one at a time, waiting for the first to get incorporated before adding the next. Add vanilla, and beat to combine. Add espresso powder (or instant coffee or coffee concentrate), baking soda, cornstarch, salt and flour. Beat it until a soft dough forms. Fold in your chocolate chips and optional nuts.
  2. Chill it in the fridge for like however long. Some people say 2 hours. I say just long enough that it isn't like uber sticky anymore. Like 30 minutes usually. (It's really only to keep the cookies from spreading like crazy on the pan).
  3. Preheat at tree-fiddy (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Spray or line your cookie sheet and using your cookie scoop or spoon drop them onto the pan.
  4. Bake for (and this is going to seem like some oddly specific time limits but bare with me) 8-11 minutes. There's a 3 minute gap in there in case someone is like myself and prefers an underbaked cookie. In which case maybe pull them out closer to the 8 minute mark. Don't over bake them!! (Here's a little tidbit of baking back for you. Baked goods keep heat trapped inside and will continue to cook even after they've been pulled from the oven. So to prevent over baking, always pull it out just a little early.)
So there we have it! If you try them let me know. If you hated them...you're lying. Nobody hates a chocolate chip cookie. Except for the people who hate chocolate chip cookies...

-HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!-

Until next time
-S

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Pancakes

This is the most basic and simple pancake recipe and the pancakes come out so thick and fluffy it's ridiculous. Once I started making pancakes from scratch I never got them from a box or a Bisquick Shake & Make. No offense but honestly...where's the comparison here? I don't have an actual picture of the pancakes because I haven't made any here lately but as soon as I make some I will take a picture and delete this whole last sentence!  Basic Pancakes Ingredients: 1 Egg 1 1/2 C flour 3 1/2 tsp baking powder (and make sure its a TEASPOON and not a TABLESPOON. I confused the two once and ended up having to make sooo many pancakes because you can't really take it out once its in there so I just added more flour and everything else. What's a girl to do?) 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 C sugar 1 1/4 C milk Directions: Combine wet ingredients Combine dry ingredients Mix together Heat pan to medium heat (either a greased pan or a nonstick if you f

Stuffed Mushrooms

I was never a huge mushroom fan until I was tricked into eating them by the older sister of a friend. Needless to say I don't quite trust her when it comes to food anymore. Regardless, I made these sometime last year and shared them with my neighbor because she's the only person near me that eats mushrooms and she enjoyed them WAY more than I did, although I did think they were pretty damn good. So here we go... Stuffed Mushrooms Ingredients: 4 portobello mushrooms, or 12 large white mushrooms 1 small red bell pepper 1/4 medium onion, minced (not 1/4 C but 1/4 of the whole onion) 2 green onions, minced 1 garlic clove, minced 2 bacon strips, diced 1 oz cream cheese 2 TBSP bread crumbs 2 TBSP shredded mozzarella garlic and onion powder, to taste salt and pepper to taste Directions: Preheat oven to 400 F Clean mushrooms and separate caps from stems. Place mushrooms caps on baking sheet, stem side down. Brush with oil and season with salt and pep

Banana Pudding

Just so you're aware before you get into this and then you're like "Wait...whaaaa-?" This is NOT  your momma's banana pudding recipe. Unless it is. All I know for sure about momma's and banana pudding is that this ISN'T my momma's recipe but she DOES love it.  Banana Pudding Ingredients: milk (good ol' certified cow calcium) (1) 3.4 oz box Banana Pudding mix (Instant or heat and serve. I used heat and serve without reading the box and needless to say it took me two tries to get it right. I also grabbed Banana CREAM pudding instead of regular banana... I don't pay a lot of attention to things. Anyways, all are great options. You can even make your own pudding if you'd care to.) Nilla Wafers (please please please please grab the Name Brand Nilla wafers and not the Walmart Great Value brand. Nothing against Great Value or any off brand labels but NIlla Wafers are not the same as "Vanilla Flavored Wafer Cookies")